I am going to have to get into a routine again. The discipline of sitting down at the end of the day and writing about boatbuilding. Janine is doing her embroidery while watching TV and I have a glass of wine and an ipad.
I have various boat tasks on the go. If it is not too hot and its dry, I’ll get on and do outside jobs. If its raining I’m inside doing other stuff. I actually find that warm sunny weather is the most challenging weather of all. If you mix more than one pump of epoxy it is curing before you can use it.
So this week I have cut a hole in the aft deck of the port hull. This will become a large locker. It is the first hatch and coaming set I have made that isn’t square– I believe it is technically an isosceles trapezium.. In fact there isn’t a right angle to be seen so every cut you have to transfer the angle from the boat to the table saw. It is enjoyable work when it goes well; miserable when you cock things up. Anyway it is all glassed now and will be fitted next week after a final sanding.
I also completed the hardwood pads which will support the lashing strake. I’ve made over 100 of them, and having fitted half of them yesterday, I’ve done a few too many. I searched Neil’s site to see how many he used (94) and I think I’ll use 84. Perhaps Gleda is longer than Kira.